Wednesday, April 14, 2010

10 Commandments For Daddy & Mummy


Dearest Ethan Baby,

Mummy read the below article and was very touched by it.

Children are God's best gift.
Psalm 127:3 TM

(1) My hands are small; don't expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My legs are short; slow down so that I can keep up with you.

(2) My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; let me explore it safely; don't restrict me unnecessarily.

(3) Make time for me. Housework will always be there; I'm only little once.

(4) I have feelings too; don't nag me about my inquisitiveness. Treat me as you'd like to be treated.

(5) I'm a gift; treasure me as God intended. Hold me accountable, give me guidelines to live by, discipline me with love.

(6) I need encouragement to grow, not empty praise. Go easy, you can correct the things I do without putting me down.

(7) Give me the freedom to make decisions, even if they're not always right. Permit me to fall, so that I can learn to walk.

(8) Don't redo things I've done; that makes me feel like my efforts don't measure up to your expectations. And don't compare me with others; I'm me, not them.

(9) Don't be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, just like parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it shows us that your marriage is something special.

(10) Take me to God's house and introduce me to Him, because I'm going to need Him for the rest of my life.

Mummy hopes to remember it as you grow older. Mummy loves you very much.


Love Always,
Mummy!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment